We are thrilled to have won two awards this year, and been highly commended in another two categories. Considering the extremely high calibre of all the finalists from across the UK IT world this is real testament to how our teams and services are up there with the best of the best, providing and improving great services to our customers.
So here are the results:
- Margaret Battensby won Business Analyst of the Year, for her work not only within HMRC but also her role in wider government defining and supporting the Business Analyst profession
- Our Cyber Security Team won Cyber Security Project of the Year for their work on SMiShing, the detection and prevention of fraudulent text messages reaching our customers
- Andrew Sheppard was highly commended for IT Manager of the Year. Andrew heads up the Digital Platform Team, managing the work and people in his own inimitable style
- Our Digital Relationship Team was highly commended in the IT Team of the Year category, a great achievement considering this team was only formed around 18 months ago to help build even closer relationships with developers of commercial tax software packages.
Our other shortlisted finalists were:
- IT Apprentice - Blake Meyrick
- Young IT Professional - Richard Baines and George Hill
- IT Service & Support Professional - Olly Hoskens
- IT Team - Digital Platform Team
- Best Place to Work in IT
- Best Mobile App - Personal Tax Account
- Best Not for Profit - Portal Rehoming
- Best Use of Cloud - Portal Rehoming
- Best Analytics Project - Threat Hunting (Cyber Security)
- Best Workplace Transformation
We were also delighted to see industry-leading work in other parts of government getting recognition last night too. Congratulations from all of us in HMRC digital to the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) who won the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Project of the Year for their work on Intelligent Risk Ratings that Improve Road Safety.
To see the full list of this year’s winners go to BCS The Chartered Institute for IT website.
So after another great night for government IT, it’s back to the day job. Well done everyone.
Steve Rowlands, Programme Director EU Exit Infrastructure & Technology
If you'd like to join our award winning team check out our current vacancies . They're updated regularly so worth keeping an eye on.
Now you can follow us on Twitter @HMRCdigital
And don't miss any of our blog posts by signing up for email alerts