Hi, I’m Mike Potter and I arrived in HMRC in November as Director of Digital Transformation. Over the last few weeks I’ve been touring offices, meeting lots of very enthusiastic and committed people, and getting to grips with the size and scale of HMRC’s current digital operation and its ambitious plans for the future.
This is my first post on the Digital Blog so that makes it especially good to have something exciting to announce. We’re recruiting once again for digital specialists to fill a range of posts in Newcastle.
Without doubt 2015 is going to be a big year for digital in HMRC and Mark Dearnley, our Chief Digital & Information Officer, shared a summary version of our roadmap in a recent post on this blog. As part of our team, you could find yourself:
- Planning and designing all of the user research for a service that will help up to six million families renew their tax credits claim quicker and easier.
- Producing the end-to-end test plans for a service that will save charities valuable time and resource by enabling them to register online with HMRC and Charities Commission in one transaction.
- Designing, from concept right through to finished service, the go-to tax account for up to 40 million citizens where they'll be able to manage all their tax affairs from one place.
These are just a few examples of many projects underway.
You'd be working in our Digital Delivery Centre in Longbenton. I was there last week meeting some of the teams and its one of the best centres I’ve seen anywhere. Here’s a couple of photos so you can see what I'm talking about.
The team are arranging an open evening on Wednesday 14th January, from 5:30pm to 8pm, so why not come and take a look for yourself? You can find out more and register here and I’d really encourage you not to miss it – the last event was a sell out!
If you’ve got some great digital skills and experience then I hope you do take a look at what’s on offer. The closing date for all of these roles is Tuesday 20th January 2015 and we’ll be looking to move quickly into interviews and making appointments.
Here’s a list, including links to the full job adverts.
- Solutions Architect (Grade 7, 2 posts)
- Lead Scrum Master (Grade 7, 2 posts)
- Agile Test Co-ordinator (Senior Executive Officer band, 1 post)
- Senior User Researcher (Senior Executive Officer band, 1 post)
- User Researcher (Higher Executive Officer band, 3 posts)
- UX/Interaction Designer (Higher Executive Officer band, 3 posts)
- UX/Interaction Designer (Executive Officer band, 7 posts)
Look out this week too for blog posts from team members who have joined HMRC only in the last few months talking about their experiences of some of the roles that are on offer. Craig's is first and his blog is here.
And that just leaves me to say Season’s Greetings and, if you are applying, good luck! More from me on this blog in the New Year.