We’re looking for someone who’s interested in developing their digital communications skills to come and work in the HMRC digital engagement team.
This is a new role within HMRC. You’d be helping to shape, deliver and develop HMRC’s corporate web presence and social media channels. You’ll play an important role in supporting HMRC’s business objectives, and influencing the reputation of HMRC.
We’re developing HMRC’s social media presences to engage with more and more audiences. With every person and business in the UK as a potential customer, the scope for engagement is huge!
You’ll need to be able to:
- work closely with editors to develop and publish material to GOV.UK
- manage and prioritise wide ranging requests coming into the team from across the business
- monitor and oversee HMRC corporate web presence and , provide evaluation reports (internet and social media)
- identify online trends and create reports to provide insight and advice for colleagues
- provide mentoring and assistance to HMRC staff who operate social media channels
- develop and produce regular measurement / evaluation reports on HMRC social media presences
- implement external digital editorial standards including plain English, tone of voice, readability and use of images
- implement and maintain standards for HMRC’s corporate web presence on GOV.UK and ensure compliance with relevant HMRC and Cross-Govt guidance
- manage and maintain the team’s specialist IT, licenses, accounts and passwords
If you think this sounds like you, you’ll need to apply via the civil service jobs website. Don’t forget we need to see a full example for each competency. A good way of doing this is to describe the situation or task, the action you took and the result. DWP have written a guide on writing competency statements for job applications, which you might find useful.
Full contact details are available on the civil service jobs website if you have any questions.